FYAT FYAT

LOFREAKINGL

Man I've been watching this all day. Question: did you perhaps use reason to make the gymbeat, because that loop seems awfully familiar....

Saunich der Hejhaug Saunich der Hejhaug

LAWL

The voice of saunich sounds like Strong Bad on Powered by the Cheat!!!!

F2Jam v3 F2Jam v3

Decent interface, bad timing windows/syncing

I give it a 9 cause the songs are good, the interface is enjoyable, but the hit detection and syncing feels random. Someone with a sense of rhythm can tell that the notes feel arbitrary a lot of the time and that even though you hit them to the correct beat, you still get an F.

Pico's School Pico's School

This is what started it all...

Everything on this site is because of this game. I will always be there to rate 10, Tom. Good Job!

Meat boy (map pack) Meat boy (map pack)

Just....Awesome....

I am speechless that you can make such an addicting game, yet have me pull my hair out to finish it. I missed two bandaids, and I skipped a few levels, but it was all worth it. The map pack however, has a few useless levels, (I am speaking about the penis, of course) but either than that, good job, Newgrounds! I liked the original better, because obviously instead of an open source, it was more professional than the communities version. I guess I would vote 9.9999999!!!(for the penis)

Heavyweight (Cover) Heavyweight (Cover)

Another Reason user? Awesome. Another Infected Mushroom fan? Double awesome. And I must say you have chosen to cover a very challenging piece at that. Probably my favourite piece on the Vicious Delicious album. Around 4:42 I notice a differentiation from the melody of the synth. If this is intentional or not I do not know. As for how much time something like this would take, I really respect your dedication. 4 out of 5 for me.

DeadlyMustard responds:

Yeah the melody I changed was intentional. I was messing around with the pitch shifting and liked how it sounded. Definitely took me a while to get this song down. I think this is actually like the 5th version of it I made. I was going to actually record the guitar solo but I was getting lazy at that point. And yeah this is my favorite on this album followed by Vicious Delicious itself. I want to do Albibeno next as that one holds a special place in my brain being the first album of theirs I bought.

All That I Have All That I Have

I think the composition of your track is astounding. The main thing is to learn the ropes of mixing. The easiest thing I could tell you is to try to isolate certain sounds, by removing frequencies. A goos example is letting your bass have the very floor, and letting your kick have the low mid range. A deep kick can muck up your bass and an overpowering bass can muck up your everything else. As far as synth composition, fairly textbook stuff going on. Quite polyrhythmic and stuff. One more question, what DAW do you use?

JQiscool responds:

I gotcha there.
And if DAW means Digital Audio Workstation, which i believe it does, then i use this one random studio i found, forget the name, but it is a very nice studio although not extremely complex, it works well enough.
Thanks for reviewing!